Edwin J. Timmer, CPA – Partner
After graduating from Grand Valley State University with honors, Ed worked for several years in another local accounting firm before joining Don Helmholdt. In 1982, he co-founded what is now known as Helmholdt+Company along with Don’s son, Dan Helmholdt.
Ed has a unique way of relating to people, and building long-term relationships has always been important to him, both personally and professionally. Ed brings an abundance of knowledge and an astute and practical business mind to each engagement. His commitment to excellent client service has driven the culture for the firm as a whole.
- Grand Valley State University, 1977: BBA, Accountancy
Accreditations & Certifications
- Certified Public Accountant (1980), State of Michigan Board of Accountancy
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Michigan Association of Certified Public Accountants (MICPA)
- The Economic Club of Grand Rapids
- Home Builders Association of Greater Grand Rapids (HBAGGR)
- Past President – Cutlerville Christian Schools