Daniel M. Helmholdt, CPA – Partner
Upon graduating from the University of Michigan with high distinction, Dan enjoyed the learning experience he received from one of the then “Big Eight” firms. In 1982, he co-founded Helmholdt+Company with Ed Timmer.
Dan brings a wealth of in-depth knowledge in a variety of areas. He is an especially valuable resource in matters pertaining to income tax and estate tax planning, as well as in the structuring of business acquisition, sale and succession transactions.
Dan and his wife, Pat, have two grown, married children and several grandchildren. He enjoys spending time with family and playing games on the computer. One of his favorite pastimes is watching U of M sporting events, especially when they are winning.
- University of Michigan, 1977: BBA, Accountancy
Accreditations & Certifications
- Certified Public Accountant (1979), State of Michigan Board of Accountancy
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Michigan Association of Certified Public Accountants (MICPA)
- The Economic Club of Grand Rapids
- Former Treasurer and Board Member – Sunshine One-Way House, Inc.
- Former Treasurer and Board Member – Praise, Inc.